Article of F5DM
Object: Robot for bilateral link by radio in telegraphy of the Radio club of SARTROUVILLE QRA locator : JN18CW F5KCK/ROBOT on 28110kHz
The goal is to promote the only transmission fashion that permits to establish a link radio with a superior noise to the signal and while using the possible the simplest material means.
This robot is a functional help as good for beginners in telegraphy that the confirmed telegraphic.
For beginners, this help consists in decoding messages in walrus and to intervene while using procedures described to be able to achieve a link in interactive way telegraphy with the robot.
It is also a means to test itself before getting involved in the international links.
For the confirmed telegraphers, the robot permits to bring up weakness and mistakes of manipulation to elevated manipulation speed as well as the time of reaction to the wedging in frequency, then to the habit to copy a message to the same transmission speed that the operator.
Remarks: a period of test in real size showed that same the confirmed telegraphers don't arrive has read messages that send them the robot completely.
The link can be achieved in 10 different languages, and one can change some to leisure what permits a training of languages.
You will be able to let messages (QSP) to your friends as on a BBS, and the robot will tell you so your message has been read and to what moment...
Description of sequences achieved by the program:
- The sequence of calls is launched, it understands by alternation every 90 seconds:
- the first message makes himself to a speed of 15 words per minute; it is a general call indicating that it is a robot to make some bilateral links in telegraphy.
- the second message makes himself to a speed of 15 words per minute; it is a message of information that explains to wedge the frequency of its emitter how on the one of receipt of the robot and to verify that it is in measure to decode. .
- the third makes himself to a speed of 15 words per minute; it is a general call indicating that it is a robot to make some bilateral links in telegraphy.
- the fourth makes himself to a speed of 15 words per minute; it is a message of information that explains that that it is necessary to transmit to the robot 3 times its indicative to make the link.
- the fifth message makes himself to a speed of 25 words per minute; it is a general call indicating that it is a robot to make some bilateral links in telegraphy.
- the sixth message makes himself to a speed of 15 words per minute; it is a message of information that explains that it is necessary to transmit to the robot while using the reports standard of the walrus.
- Between sequences, the robot decodes telegraphy on its frequency of receipt:
- the first characters permit to determine the transmission speed of the station that calls the robot.
- characters following permit to correct shortcomings of manipulations:
- spaces between the too long or too short words.
- the space between the too short characters.
- The receipt of the invitation character to broadcast the station that calls the robot (K KN BK); launch the decoding of its indicative.
- The decoding of the indicative makes himself:
- by research in the notebook of traffic, if the indicative already exists otherwise;
- by comparison to the normalized format; it permits to identify the country of source so that the language used for information and formulates them of traffic are selected.
- if the indicative is not in the notebook of traffic, the robot looks for if it recovers it a second time in its call.
- if the indicative is not in duplicate, the robot asks for a repetition of the indicative for confirmation.
- if the robot didn't understand anything, it asks for a repetition.
- The robot answers to the same speed that the one of the station that calls the robot.
remarks: every change of speed is possible with an instantaneous variation of about 70% of the previous speed; in a beach of 8 to 93 words per minutes in receipt and a limitation voluntary of 15 to 85 words per minute for the broadcast of the robot.
- The call sign is valid, the link is establishes with the robot, that asks for a plotting of receipt, the place of broadcast and the forename of the operator of the station that call the robot; it gives the format of news for that it waits.
- the station doesn't answer in due time; the robot recalls it.
- the station doesn't always answer in due time; the robot signals him that the link is not validated but the robot consigns on its notebook of traffic this call.
- The station answered; the robot repeats him what it decoded then gives him news to continue to either stop the link.
- The station asks for information on the possible functions to the manner of a track game.
- The robot gives information still while using the normal procedure of traffic.
Remarks: information are multiple:
- formula to send a message differed to a QSP station.
- relative information to the robot.
- change of language (10 available), to give information.
- indication of the transmission speed of the station in link with the robot.
- the time in the region, etc..
- The end of the link makes himself by a courtesy exchange the robot records on the hard drive:
- the indicative
- the frequency
- the date
- the hour ( TU ) of beginning and end of the link.
- the speed of manipulation in end of link.
- normal or practiced fashion ( expert )
- the last used language that will be the one used to the next link.
- the message sent by the station to the robot: plotting of RST receipt, its QTH, its forename.
- the personalized message that will be sent to the next link.
remarks: To the next link, the robot will recall the date and the hour of the last link, it,
permits to verify that him doesn't have usurpation of call sign there.
Utilization of the robot F5KCK to make some QSOs in CW
How knowledge if the robot hears you:
- the frequency of receipt of the robot, doesn't correspond cannot be to your regulating to answer on the frequency of your correspondent.
It is necessary to provoke the reaction of the robot therefore by the means the more simple and fastest possible, to make itself, to send the occasional K K of 2 seconds thereabouts with a speed of letter manipulation that is near of the one of the previous CQ of the robot,
Dice that the robot decodes a K, it appears.
it is preferable to note your TX QRG, in order to explore its strip pass band while transmitting some K K , it is going to permit you to place you to the middle to have all odds to be copied by the robot.
remarks: the time between the CQ can be very long, therefore it is as the means to test if the robot is well active.
it is recommended to only make your test when your emitter is hot and consolidated well in temperature, because the explored passband corresponds to 100 Hz.
How to make to hear itself and to understand the robot:
- Every time that the robot answers you, it made it has the same speed that you have keying him
- You can keying has every resumption of the QSO to a speed varying 75% of the tour preceding, it means that for an answer to the CQ to 15 wpm, you can keying has 26 wpm to the tour after, if you want, to 45 wpm, the maximal speed of broadcast is top to 85 wpm
- The decoding takes account of the various reports of keying that you use to make the formation of words and spaces, your indicative will only be decoded if you arrive at least to this result: W6XX K.
It can pass by burrs as: DE W6 XVX W 6XX W6XX VB? W6X D U K
He/it accepts indicatives of the kind: OH/W6XXX W6XXX/P W6XXX / M W6XXX/MM HB9XXX/QRP
The character of invitation to send is the K but it accepts as the in letters glued the BK, the KN (that possesses a very interesting detail in a part of the QSO), the VA is only accepted to finish the QSO.
How to make QSO with the robot:
Dice that the robot decodes your K, does it answer you by ? K
It means that the robot waits then for your indicative at least two times K, and to repeat the K if the robot didn't decode it so that it passes in broadcast.
So that the robot is certain of your indicative, it is necessary that it finds it repeated at least two times is has your first call example: DE W6 XVX W 6XX W6XX VBS? W6XX D U KS, either another time in its demand for confirmation PSE CFM UR CALL K
If you already made QSO with the robot, your indicative is in its data base, it will be sufficient for it to copy it only one time to validate it.
The robot puts you of questions and tells you how there to answer while giving you the format of the message that it waits for you (the formula).
To note well that it is the only moment of the QSO or you can place your message in his/her/its memory, the next times, you be able to only put then him of the question to finish the QSO when you wish it.
Therefore the robot records your message then told you to reach its other functions how.
it recommend to respect the syntax, if you don't want to have demands of repetitions
You limit in time to answer to either put of questions, to the expiration of the temporisation, the robot you consignment a message, that throws back the same temporisation, spends to its delays the robot told you goodbye...
How to put questions to the robot:
Read messages of the robot attentively to know the manner to reach questions.
it is you then possible to ask him to answer you in English or another language, it is necessary to note that at the end the QSO the robot will keep in memory your last choice to answer you in this language has your next QSO.
Remarks: The operator's forename is read by the sysop in your first QSO with the robot and it is placed by hand in the data base, so that the robot calls you by your forename to the next QSO with it, it is nicer.
How to finish the QSO:
Instead of to rest him a (another one) question, it is sufficient to spend to him 73 KS or 73 VA (VA adherent letters) or same 73.
LOG (notebook of traffic)
Are not count the QSO achieved with the OM of the club F5KCK that are on a different log...
The possible questions are:
? : give the formula to have the accessible question list.
INFO: give the accessible question list.
HW: how to make to put questions to the robot with the maximum of luck to have an answer.
NEW: deal the new call sign
PKT: give address packet of sysops of the robot to make remarks or to put questions.
QTC: permits you to reread QSP that you have just received to your arrival in this QSO.
QRG: give the frequency of broadcast of the robot.
QRK: repeat your message so that you can judge your keying that is function of the legibility.
QRS: the slowest speed for the TX of the robot in QSO is of
QRQ: the fastest speed for the TX of the robot in QSO is of
QSP: explains you to send a message how in CW to sysops or another OM that already made QSO with on the robot.
QSV: the robot you consignment a set of VVV to the same speed that your demand (in the beach 15 / 85 wpm).
QSL: address to ask for a QSL map.
QSO: number of QSO achieved by the robot with the different indicative number.
QTH: locator and city from where the robot gives out.
QTR: the hour YOU.
AGN: makes the repetition of the answer of the robot to your last demand.
DATE: give the DD/MM/YR date...
WX: give the exact WX (if the sysop didn't forget to hold it up to date).
VER : version of the software (if it is different of the one that you know, to you to find the evolution...)
CALL: explains you to have the forename, the date and the hour of the last complete QSO how with the robot, for the call,; by the formula: LOG LOG call call
CALLS: give the list of all different call sign contacted having made a complete QSO with the robot.
LOG: give the list of the last 5 QSOS suit of the robot, with call, date and hour.
DLOG: give the list, with call and hour, some QSOS suit makes today.
MSG: permits you to reread the message that you have just received to your arrival in this QSO.
PWR: give the strength of broadcast of the robot.
ANT: give the type of antenna of the robot.
RIG : type rx / tx.
SYSOP: the indicative of sysops.
OP: the name of the robot.
SPEED: gives you your speed of manipulation for your last transmission.
73: 73 VA (VA adherent letters) permits to make an end of QSO quickly and cleanly
SPK: gives you the list of all languages used by the robot
CT: ask answers and the next QSO in Portuguese
DJ: ask answers and the next QSO in German
EA: ask answers and the next QSO in Spanish
F: ask answers and the next QSO in French.
G: ask answers and the next QSO in English.
IT: ask answers and the next QSO in Italian
OH: ask answers and the next QSO in Finnish
SM: ask answers and the next QSO in Swedish
UA: ask answers and the next QSO in Russian
YU: ask answers and the next QSO in Yugoslavian